A recent survey discovered that most car insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. North Carolina consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it's difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Raleigh is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in North Carolina. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using this information. Locating the best rates in Raleigh is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, North Carolina consumers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering low-cost price quotes in North Carolina
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$744||$372||$62|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$902||$451||$75|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$962||$481||$80|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$822||$411||$69|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,034||$517||$86|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$744||$372||$62|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$822||$411||$69|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$992||$496||$83|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$962||$481||$80|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$992||$496||$83|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$744||$372||$62|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$962||$481||$80|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$822||$411||$69|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$962||$481||$80|
|Toyota Camry SE||$942||$471||$79|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$962||$481||$80|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$860||$430||$72|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$882||$441||$74|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in Raleigh location which can raise or lower prices considerably.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- College Student - Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Shown below is a list of insurers in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on auto insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Affordable auto insurance in Raleigh is possible both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)