Are you at wits end from paying out the nose to insure your Jeep every month? You are no different than most other vehicle owners in North Carolina.
A recent survey discovered that most North Carolina auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save an average of approximately $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
How to buy lower priced Jeep Wrangler insurance in Raleigh
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a substandard credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with ads and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Compare free Raleigh Jeep Wrangler insurance rate quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give prices for coverage direct online. Comparing Jeep Wrangler insurance rates online is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage information on the page. After you complete the form, their system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Raleigh makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you want to get cheaper rates.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and air bags.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, pay in full, teen driver, homeowner, good student, and alternative fuel.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- USAA offers discounts for good student, safe driver, new vehicle, driver training, annual mileage, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your state. To locate providers that offer discounts in Raleigh, click here.
The rate table shown next outlines estimates of insurance prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Learning more about how insurance prices are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$102||$150||$302||$18||$90||$662||$55|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$102||$150||$376||$22||$112||$762||$64|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$102||$192||$302||$18||$90||$704||$59|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$116||$150||$376||$22||$112||$776||$65|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$116||$192||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$116||$150||$376||$22||$112||$776||$65|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$116||$150||$376||$22||$112||$776||$65|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$116||$192||$302||$18||$90||$718||$60|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$116||$192||$376||$22||$112||$818||$68|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$132||$192||$376||$22||$112||$834||$70|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise coverage rates greatly.
Physical damage deductibles
One frequently asked question is which deductible level should you buy. The figures shown below help summarize the rate fluctuation when you select higher and lower comp and collision deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$168||$208||$250||$14||$74||$739||$62|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$168||$208||$312||$18||$94||$825||$69|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$168||$266||$250||$14||$74||$797||$66|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$192||$208||$312||$18||$94||$849||$71|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$192||$266||$250||$14||$74||$821||$68|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$192||$208||$312||$18||$94||$849||$71|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$192||$208||$312||$18||$94||$849||$71|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$192||$266||$250||$14||$74||$821||$68|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$192||$266||$312||$18||$94||$907||$76|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$218||$266||$312||$18||$94||$933||$78|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$104||$132||$250||$14||$74||$574||$48|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$104||$132||$312||$18||$94||$660||$55|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$104||$168||$250||$14||$74||$610||$51|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$132||$312||$18||$94||$674||$56|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$118||$168||$250||$14||$74||$624||$52|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$132||$312||$18||$94||$674||$56|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$118||$132||$312||$18||$94||$674||$56|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$118||$168||$250||$14||$74||$624||$52|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$118||$168||$312||$18||$94||$710||$59|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$134||$168||$312||$18||$94||$726||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect auto insurance rates considerably.
Based on the above data, using a $250 deductible would cost the average driver about $15 more each month or $180 each year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more to settle a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally average at least 50 months between claims, you would save money if you choose the higher deductible.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can raise Jeep Wrangler insurance premiums for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Jeep Wrangler insurance rates by gender in Raleigh
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive formula for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Wrangler replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding vocation? – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, executives, and accountants tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Lower rates for married couples – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
More performance means more cost – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below uses these variables: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Jeep Wrangler policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
- Eliminate add-on coverages – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most larger car insurance companies give lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Drive fewer miles and save – The more miles you rack up on your Jeep in a year the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Wrangler may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your declarations sheet is showing the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Advanced alarm systems – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent vehicle theft.
Insurance loss probability for a Jeep Wrangler – Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local Raleigh insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Raleigh agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to include a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh willing to provide price quotes.
How to find a good North Carolina auto insurance company
Choosing the best insurer can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Raleigh. The rank data in the lists below could help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance in Raleigh can be found both online in addition to many Raleigh insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Raleigh car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
How to save money on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Raleigh
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Raleigh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Wrangler insurance in Raleigh. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)