Do you want cheaper Toyota Tundra insurance in Raleigh? Finding better insurance prices for a Toyota Tundra in North Carolina could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Toyota and get the lowest price from Raleigh insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best deal on Toyota Tundra insurance in Raleigh two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is actually quite simple. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can learn to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the quickest method to compare insurance rates online.
These discounts can reduce Toyota Tundra insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Raleigh auto insurance quote as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Tundra can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Toyota Tundra auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find providers who offer insurance discounts in Raleigh, click this link.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. To find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage information displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Toyota Tundra models. Learning more about how auto insurance policy rates are established can help drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$164||$306||$340||$20||$102||$932||$78|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$188||$372||$340||$20||$102||$1,022||$85|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$188||$372||$340||$20||$102||$1,022||$85|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$212||$372||$340||$20||$102||$1,046||$87|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$212||$372||$340||$20||$102||$1,046||$87|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$212||$372||$340||$20||$102||$1,046||$87|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$212||$440||$340||$20||$102||$1,114||$93|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$212||$440||$340||$20||$102||$1,114||$93|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$238||$440||$340||$20||$102||$1,140||$95|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$238||$440||$340||$20||$102||$1,140||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease insurance rates significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Toyota Tundra annual premium costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the difference between Toyota Tundra insurance rates with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no exact rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Tundra replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $500 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
The Toyota Tundra Insurance Cost Equation
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The following are some of the factors that factor into prices.
Increase deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Defend yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Better drivers pay less – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received multiple violations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims increase Toyota Tundra yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Vocation and insurance rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Occupations like military personnel, social workers, and emergency personnel tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like farmers, engineers and retirees get better rates.
Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Toyota in a year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Tundra may be costing you. Ask your agent if your policy is showing the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below uses these variables: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Toyota Tundra insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Insurance loss statistics a Toyota Tundra – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Tundra vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD||88||105||96||63||75||94|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD||97||113||105||64||51||77|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD||95||131||90||85||84||107|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD||86||112||93||53||55||79|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD||93||115||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Raleigh who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If they are an independent agency in Raleigh, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Raleigh?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Raleigh?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Raleigh?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Raleigh for you
If you want to use a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know why they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Danny Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy #109 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 875-1955 – View Map
- Carmen Ritz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1814 Oberlin Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 783-8722 – View Map
- Cecil Burt – State Farm Insurance Agent
6837 Falls of Neuse Rd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-8006 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to compare prices from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Raleigh independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Superior Insurance of Raleigh
2431 Spring Forest Rd #123 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 261-6164 – View Map
- Young Insurance Associates, Inc
2609 Atlantic Ave #107 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 322-4186 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Snotherly Ins Agency Inc
2308 Wake Forest Rd – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-5832 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your coverage when you choose so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific agent with no way out.
Protect more than your Tundra
Even though Raleigh Tundra insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Toyota Tundra but also your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Raleigh is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for North Carolina auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurer can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Raleigh. The company rank data in the lists below could help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Be persistent to save money
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Cheaper Toyota Tundra insurance in Raleigh can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
How to find more affordable Toyota Tundra insurance in Raleigh
Really, the only way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Raleigh.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Raleigh. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)