If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Raleigh. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s hard to fathom, but a large majority of insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Raleigh could cut their rates by up to 10% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Raleigh is much easier if you know where to start. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using this information. Comparison shoppers just have to understand how to get comparison rates on the web.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Raleigh
Car insurance companies do not list the entire discount list very well, so the list below details some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Paperwork-free – Some car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow companies to look at driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, homeowner, good driver, claim free, defensive driver, and online quote.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, good student, new vehicle discount, new move discount, preferred payment discount, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for group or association, safe vehicle, company car, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Raleigh. If you would like to view insurers who offer car insurance discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Finding low cost Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. All that’s required is to invest a little time to compare rate quotes from online providers.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. To buy cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance data for a Suzuki Grand Vitara
The data table displayed below outlines different rate quotes for Suzuki Grand Vitara models. Being more informed about how insurance premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$152||$256||$282||$16||$84||$790||$66|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$152||$302||$282||$16||$84||$836||$70|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$152||$302||$282||$16||$84||$836||$70|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$152||$302||$282||$16||$84||$836||$70|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$152||$302||$282||$16||$84||$836||$70|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$152||$302||$282||$16||$84||$836||$70|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$170||$302||$282||$16||$84||$854||$71|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$170||$302||$282||$16||$84||$854||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
How to know if you need help
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Suzuki Grand Vitara?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my Suzuki Grand Vitara covered if I use it for business?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Two types of Raleigh car insurance agents
If you need to find a good Raleigh insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Raleigh are either independent or exclusive. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh that are able to give rate quotes.
- Alex Burt – State Farm Insurance Agent
3021 Berks Way #102 – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 435-1417 – View Map
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
- David Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
9380 Falls of Neuse Rd #105 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-1819 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Raleigh that are able to give price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 833-6111 – View Map
- Blackmon Insurance
3416 Poole Rd # 110 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-8131 – View Map
- J. Miller Lawson Agency – Nationwide Insurance
9360 Falls of Neuse Rd #201 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 676-5695 – View Map
Cheap insurance is out there
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheaper Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Raleigh car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, high prices or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is easier than you think.
Cheap Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Raleigh can be sourced online and with local Raleigh insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Raleigh, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)