How long has it been since you compared quotes for low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Raleigh? If shopping for Raleigh auto insurance quotes online is new to you, chances are good that you are overwhelmed due to the large selection of companies vying for business in Raleigh.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who compare rates once a year will probably switch companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved over $860 a year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Raleigh is your intention, then understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Shopping around for the lowest cost car insurance coverage in Raleigh is simple if you know the tricks. Although North Carolina vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Affordable companies for Volvo S60 insurance in North Carolina
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Raleigh, NC. To locate cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Raleigh
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premium.
Auto insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts are:
If you are trying to find low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in Raleigh.
How You Can Control Volvo S60 Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The items below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your S60 can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy states the right rating data.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
How much liability do you need? – Liability insurance will provide protection when you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in North Carolina give the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
Your address can modify price – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. City drivers regularly have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Claims statistics for a Volvo S60 – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Volvo Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Raleigh?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- If my Volvo S60 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my Volvo S60 covered for flood damage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is my Volvo S60 covered if I use it for business?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can’t I compare rates from local Raleigh auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Raleigh for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Raleigh insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Raleigh can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Danny Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy #109 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 875-1955 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 250-3606 – View Map
- Gina Tickle – State Farm Insurance Agent
8212 Creedmoor Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 847-9774 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to get quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Raleigh that are able to give price quotes.
- Clark Insurance Agency
4004 Barrett Dr #206 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 844-2995 – View Map
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 863-0150 – View Map
- Highsmith and Associates Insurance
3700 Glenwood Ave #430 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 878-9412 – View Map
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Raleigh is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
Steps to finding affordable Volvo S60 insurance in Raleigh
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Volvo S60 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Raleigh. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on S60 insurance. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)