Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop rates annually will most likely switch auto insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Raleigh is your ultimate goal, knowing how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Acura RL insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for information to get low prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Buy Raleigh Acura RL insurance online
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. To locate cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
The premium information shown below covers a range of coverage costs for Acura RL models. Having a good grasp of how car insurance prices are formulated can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$304||$498||$326||$20||$98||$1,246||$104|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$304||$498||$326||$20||$98||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can modify premiums significantly.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Acura RL insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Raleigh
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Acura RL insurance costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based auto insurance rates by age
The information below shows the difference between Acura RL insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Raleigh
The example below shows the difference between Acura RL insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RL settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Buying the right Acura vehicle insurance in North Carolina is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RL insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Acura RL but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Acura RL Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you better insurance rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive your Acura in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your policy correctly shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your RL can cost quite a bit.
- When should you file policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina generally give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Premiums drop with age – Teen drivers in North Carolina tend to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Get better rates if married – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Excellent credit equals lower costs – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. People that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Acura RL by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Better prices on safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura RL earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
Acura RL claim statistics – Insurers analyze the history of losses when setting premium prices. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Acura RL vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura RL Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates on Acura RL insurance in Raleigh with these insurance discounts
Some insurers don’t list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on RL insurance in Raleigh.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with bad drivers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current RL insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, anti-theft, group or association, safe vehicle, and paid in full.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, accident-free, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good driver, and early bird.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, good student, emergency road assistance, and claim free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, good student, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
When getting free Raleigh auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.
Getting quotes from local Raleigh auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 833-6111 – View Map
Shop smart and save
Cheaper Acura RL insurance in Raleigh can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Raleigh agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)