How long has it been since you compared more affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh? Comparing and finding cheaper coverage rates for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh might be a challenge for drivers who have little experience online rate comparisons. There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily be a difficult challenge to compare prices in North Carolina on Volkswagen Golf insurance.
How to find low-cost rates for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh
The recommended way to get discount Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in North Carolina. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more ideas to help keep prices low and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Raleigh. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who perform rate comparisons will probably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $865 annually compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh is why you’re here, then learning a little about the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
It’s smart to check car insurance prices yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh last year the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to show you the tricks you need to know to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Most companies like State Farm and Allstate provide price estimates direct online. Getting Volkswagen Golf insurance prices online can be done by anyone as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When complete, the quote system gets your driving record and credit report and provides a quote.
Getting online rate quotes for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Raleigh makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest payment possible.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to monitor their driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous insurance, home ownership, multi-policy, multi-car, and driver training.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, business or organization, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, mature driver, distant student, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance has savings for safety device, online shopper, DriveSense, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good student, good driver, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include ease of repair, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, age of vehicle, and good student.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply in Raleigh. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Rates and information analytics
The premium information below highlights a range of insurance costs for Volkswagen Golf models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are figured can help you make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$120||$256||$234||$14||$70||$694||$58|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$136||$256||$234||$14||$70||$710||$59|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$136||$294||$234||$14||$70||$748||$62|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$136||$256||$234||$14||$70||$710||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can revise premiums greatly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Volkswagen Golf insurance premiums for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders raise Volkswagen Golf car insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Golf replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Premiums also based on gender – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Having a spouse can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Some auto insurance companies afford lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase prices – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in North Carolina give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Always keep your auto insurance in force – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Golf – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Golf Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Golf 109 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years