The best way we recommend to get discount auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations and poor credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives information to get better rates and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare rates once a year will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Raleigh is your objective, understanding the best way to compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Cheaper Raleigh car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total Q45 insurance premium.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers who offer discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Informed Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance for Less
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates. Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated North Carolina areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Your liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Employer stress can affect premiums – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as military personnel, police officers, and emergency personnel have higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage means you’re less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Vehicle risk impacts prices – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
What if I want to buy from local Raleigh auto insurance agents?
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower prices but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh that can provide free Raleigh auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you’re trying to find local Raleigh agents, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Raleigh agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
- Anthony Sykes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 Wake Forest Rd Ste 106 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 850-0560 – View Map
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
- Amanda Hagood – State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 Duraleigh Rd #135 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 834-3615 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Raleigh that can give you price quote information.
- Chapman Insurance Agency, Inc.
6829 Falls of Neuse Rd #103 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 676-5066 – View Map
- Blackmon Insurance
3416 Poole Rd # 110 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-8131 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael E Okoli Agency Inc
309 W Millbrook Rd #151 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 786-1960 – View Map
Best auto insurance in North Carolina
Choosing a highly-rated company is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Raleigh. The information below can help you pick which providers you want to consider when comparing rates.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Cheap rates are available
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Infiniti Q45 insurance car insurance rates online in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
More affordable insurance in Raleigh is attainable online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Raleigh auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Infiniti Q45 insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)