Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers in North Carolina kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers could save roughly 46.5% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Saturn Ion insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and bad credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to find cheap prices and find additional discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Raleigh is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to find better prices while maximizing coverage. You just have to use the fastest way to find the lowest price instantly.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Saturn Ion insurance in Raleigh is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including an estimate of your credit level, driver details, coverage limits, and if it has an alarm system. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To check rates for your Saturn Ion now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Raleigh.
The following companies offer quotes in Raleigh, NC. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in NC, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Slash rates with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Ion is cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To locate insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Best reasons to buy insurance in North Carolina
Even though Raleigh Ion insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Saturn for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Raleigh?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Raleigh car insurance agents
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Raleigh?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.