If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Saturn Astra insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Raleigh.
- Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic tickets, and bad credit can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more details to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Astra coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A good piece of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Statistics show that most car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in North Carolina can cut their rates by up to $94 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Smart shoppers just need to know the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Saturn Astra insurance in Raleigh is to realize car insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them some information like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, your general credit rating, if you went to college, and whether you are single or married. Your rating data is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To check Saturn Astra insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. To find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Choosing Saturn vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saturn Astra has a lienholder, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Saturn but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Saturn gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Raleigh Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable companies to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings up to 30%.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will bring down your policy premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, and accident-free.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, save driver, driver training, good student, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, and bundle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, daytime running lights, membership and employees, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Raleigh car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Raleigh.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Raleigh who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Raleigh?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Best car insurance agent in Raleigh
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on Saturn Astra insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Saturn Astra insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)