Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in North Carolina being $980, drivers could save 10% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Raleigh. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Raleigh. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
These discounts can cut Saab 9-3 insurance rates
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Paperwork-free – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Raleigh car insurance on their website.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Saab 9-3 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, seat belt use, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-car, new move discount, exclusive group savings, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere.
Just remember that having more price comparisons helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company provides Raleigh 9-3 insurance quotes online, so you should also compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Saab 9-3 insurance rate analysis
The premium table shown below showcases estimates of insurance premium costs for Saab 9-3 models. Understanding how rate quotes are formulated can help customers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$456||$212||$12||$64||$986||$82|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$242||$456||$212||$12||$64||$986||$82|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$456||$212||$12||$64||$986||$82|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$212||$12||$64||$1,082||$90|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$524||$250||$14||$74||$1,132||$94|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$270||$524||$212||$12||$64||$1,082||$90|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$270||$524||$212||$12||$64||$1,082||$90|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$524||$212||$12||$64||$1,082||$90|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$298||$594||$250||$14||$74||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in Raleigh location which can modify premium rates significantly.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you would like to find a good Raleigh insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
- Green and Wooten Insurance
800 Salem Woods Dr – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-0021 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael E Okoli Agency Inc
309 W Millbrook Rd #151 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 786-1960 – View Map
- Bagwell and Bagwell Insurance
2626 Glenwood Ave #300 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-6667 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Raleigh that are able to give price quotes.
- Carmen Ritz – State Farm Insurance Agent
1814 Oberlin Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 783-8722 – View Map
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
- Doug Wingate – State Farm Insurance Agent
2414 Wycliff Rd #110 – Raleigh, NC 27607 – (919) 787-0888 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How long has their agency been open in Raleigh?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Raleigh?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you receive acceptable answers to your questions and cheaper 9-3 insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy any time you want so never assume you’re contractually obligated to a policy for the full term.
Best auto insurance in Raleigh
Finding a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many choices you have in North Carolina. The rank data in the next section can help you analyze which companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Saab 9-3 insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cheaper Saab 9-3 insurance in Raleigh is available online in addition to many Raleigh insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)