Have you finally had enough of being strong-armed to pay your insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other North Carolina drivers.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
How to buy cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Raleigh. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives ideas to prevent high prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rates possible on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible since prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Best Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rate quotes in North Carolina
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. To buy cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Check for these discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current Golf SportWagen insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paper-free Discount – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance carriers give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to analyze driving patterns remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you want affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- High coverage deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Your address can impact prices – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Avoid tickets and save – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have license-revoking citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in North Carolina?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Buying from insurance agents
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Cheap rates are available
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Steps to buying low-cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Raleigh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Gain an understanding of car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Raleigh. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Make sure you safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional insurance information can be read at the links below
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)