The recommended way to get more affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Raleigh is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in North Carolina.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides information to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved approximately $70 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for insurance is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can save time and make the process easier.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Comparing rates for the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in Raleigh is not as hard as you may think. Vehicle owners just need to use the best way to buy auto insurance from many companies at once.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details like if you are currently licensed, if a SR-22 is required, the ages of drivers, and if you went to college. The rating information is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
To find lower cheap Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Raleigh.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Raleigh, NC. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Save money by getting discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- American Family has savings for air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good student, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, business or organization, anti-theft, accident-free, family plan, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver
- 21st Century offers discounts including good student, student driver, theft prevention, driver training, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, teen driver, early shopping, pay in full, switch companies, and homeowner.
- Allstate discounts include teenSMART discount, auto/life discount, good student, farm vehicle, defensive driver, and early signing.
When getting free Raleigh car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Raleigh. If you would like to view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Atlas insurance, car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Volkswagen and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Atlas definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Local Raleigh car insurance agents and car insurance
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Raleigh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Raleigh for you
If you want to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Matt Roberts Agency, Inc.
1151 Falls River Avenue, Suite 105-A – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 845-2999 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 720-4724 – View Map
- Durfey-Hoover-Bowden Insurance Agency
3741 Benson Dr – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 790-6415 – View Map
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Raleigh that are able to give price quote information.
- Danny Newton – State Farm Insurance Agent
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy #109 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 875-1955 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Walters
5620 Six Forks Rd Ste 103 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 848-8105 – View Map
- Vincent Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 Alexander Promenade PI #105 – Raleigh, NC 27617 – (919) 957-9009 – View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Raleigh, get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?