We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will probably switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding discount prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved on average $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the most affordable Saab 9-7X insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to compare prices once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for more details to help keep prices low and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper 9-7X coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
These tips will help educate you on how insurance works. If you currently have auto insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas covered in this article. But North Carolina car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
To get inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find better pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Raleigh, NC. To get cheaper car insurance in NC, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Cheap Saab 9-7X insurance in Raleigh
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new 9-7X can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in your area. If you would like to view companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Raleigh, follow this link.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saab in Raleigh, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saab 9-7X has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Saab at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Saab and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Saab gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in North Carolina is overpaying over $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How to find a good North Carolina car insurance company
Buying coverage from the right car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in North Carolina. The company rank data below can help you decide which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Comparing quotes from local Raleigh insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to companies in Raleigh that provide free Raleigh auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Below are Raleigh insurance companies willing to provide price quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in Raleigh.
- Wade S Dunbar Insurance
7951 Monument Ln # 201 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 720-2290 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 846-3901 – View Map
- Gina Tickle – State Farm Insurance Agent
8212 Creedmoor Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 847-9774 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 720-4724 – View Map
Selecting a provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is there a local claims center in Raleigh?
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills like chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your 9-7X resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your 9-7X to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, theft, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, pain and suffering, bail bonds, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (30/60/25 in North Carolina), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.