It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year are inclined to move their business because of the good chance of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Raleigh is your objective, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Really, the only way to save money on car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Raleigh.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Mark LT coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Raleigh
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Raleigh may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, teen driver, 55 and older, homeowners, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, good student, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance offers discounts including claim free, multi-car, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, emergency road assistance, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, and defensive driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to get quotes from many different North Carolina insurance companies. The quickest method to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the peace of mind of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates. Not every company does Raleigh Mark LT insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Raleigh, NC. To buy cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance agents can help
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
After filling out this short form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Raleigh are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Raleigh that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that are able to give comparison quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
North Carolina car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Raleigh. The ranking data in the next section may help you pick which providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Lincoln Mark LT insurance prices in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)