A recent car insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in America could cut their rates by about $860 a year, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
The most effective way to get discount Lexus RC 300 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more information to help keep rates affordable and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper RC 300 coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new RC 300 can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, age of vehicle, multi-car, professional/association, and ease of repair.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, anti-theft, good student, federal employee, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
If you want low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in Raleigh. If you would like to view companies offering auto insurance discounts in Raleigh, follow this link.
The best way to compare rates for Lexus RC 300 insurance in Raleigh is to realize auto insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if you went to college, if a SR-22 is required, deductibles desired, and whether you are married. That rating information is instantly sent to insurance companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Lexus RC 300 now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Raleigh Insurance Premiums
Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
Insurance rates for married couples – Being married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Better drivers pay the best rates – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to bad drivers. Just one ticket can increase rates substantially. Drivers with license-revoking violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Defend yourself with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Mileage impacts rates – The higher the miles on your Lexus each year the higher your rate. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your RC 300 is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
Prices for men may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Combine home and auto and save – Most insurance companies allow a discount for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
When to get advice from an agent
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Raleigh should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your RC 300 has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Raleigh is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)