How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest car insurance rates in Raleigh, NC? Raleigh drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Lexus NX 200t insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lexus and find the lowest possible price from Raleigh insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons before your policy renews because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best price on Lexus NX 200t insurance in Raleigh six months ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Our objective in writing this article is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Smart buyers just need to learn the best way to quote multiple rates online.
Smart Consumers Know How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many things are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Lexus from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Marriage is a factor – Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Eliminate extra coverages – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft.
- Get a ticket, pay higher rates – Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Drivers who have careless tickets like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Men are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Low cost Lexus NX 200t insurance prices in Raleigh, NC
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. To get cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insuring your Lexus NX 200t just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus NX 200t in Raleigh, insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $800 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lexus NX 200t insurance in Raleigh?
Some companies do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used NX 200t can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, early bird, defensive driver, accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, and air bags.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- 21st Century discounts include anti-lock brakes, homeowners, early bird, 55 and older, teen driver, good student, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting free Raleigh auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply in Raleigh.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Raleigh.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Different types of Raleigh car insurance agents
If you are searching for a good Raleigh insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Green and Wooten Insurance
800 Salem Woods Dr – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-0021 – View Map
- Carolina Capital Insurance Group
1100 Logger Ct., Bldg. D-101 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 747-9002 – View Map
- Young Insurance Associates, Inc
2609 Atlantic Ave #107 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 322-4186 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 329-2580 – View Map
- Alex Burt – State Farm Insurance Agent
3021 Berks Way #102 – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 435-1417 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Once you have satisfactory answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide insurance.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Raleigh?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Persistence pays off
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies. Discount Lexus NX 200t insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on Lexus NX 200t insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
Steps to finding lower priced Lexus NX 200t insurance in Raleigh
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Lexus NX 200t insurance in Raleigh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and your credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on NX 200t insurance in Raleigh. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)