Sadly, the vast majority of car insurance customers in North Carolina have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in America could save themselves $860 a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
The most effective way to find more affordable Fiat 500 insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Raleigh. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get pricing on the web. Getting online quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Raleigh is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get rate quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Raleigh makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
In order to compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in North Carolina. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Raleigh car insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Raleigh car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, multiple autos, anti-theft, passive restraint, good driver, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, claim free, paid-in-full, DriveSense, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Raleigh, insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Fiat 500 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Fiat and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Local neighborhood Raleigh car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a company is decision based upon more than just a low price. A good agent in Raleigh will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Raleigh?
If you want a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you rate quotes.