To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Raleigh is to compare prices once a year from different companies in North Carolina. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Raleigh. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who get price quotes annually will presumably buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on car insurance in Raleigh is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can help make the process easier.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Raleigh is easy if you know what you’re doing. But North Carolina vehicle owners need to learn how big insurance companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
Lower-cost Raleigh auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy HHR insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the above discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To view providers with discount auto insurance rates in Raleigh, click here.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The table shown next showcases different insurance rates for Chevy HHR models. Learning more about how insurance policy premiums are calculated can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in Raleigh location which can impact coverage rates considerably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy HHR yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevy HHR book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy HHR to commute?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Raleigh that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents in Raleigh may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Raleigh?
- How long has the business existed?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
If you receive good answers to your questions and the cheapest Chevrolet HHR insurance in Raleigh quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance.
Cheap insurance rates are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, lack of trust in their agent or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just presented many tips how you can find cheap Chevy HHR insurance in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)