If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Raleigh.
First, read and learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop for lower rates are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates annually saved on average $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for Audi TT RS insurance is your goal, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi TT RS in Raleigh, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Audi for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save money by earning discounts
Some companies do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies who offer free Audi TT RS insurance quotes in North Carolina, click here.
When to talk to an agent
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Raleigh
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm: Jerome Murray
8410 Louisburg Rd #100 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 266-9371 – View Map
- David Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
9380 Falls of Neuse Rd #105 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-1819 – View Map
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Raleigh that are able to give price quotes.
- AssuredPartners NL
4505 Falls of Neuse Rd Suite 350 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 781-0200 – View Map
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 720-4724 – View Map
- G. Suggs Insurance Agency, Inc.
1025 Bullard Ct – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 875-8889 – View Map
Upon getting good feedback to all your questions and affordable Audi TT RS insurance rates in Raleigh quotes, you may have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy.
Auto insurance savings summarized
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be pretty painless.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Audi TT RS insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Raleigh auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
When searching for low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Graduates in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)