To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Step 1: Try to understand coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more ideas to get cheaper rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Raleigh could cut their rates by almost $94 a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have coverage now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Quoting and buying affordable protection in Raleigh is not as hard as you may think. But North Carolina consumers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
When shopping for the cheapest Audi RS7 rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in North Carolina. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. To find the best cheap car insurance in NC, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Discount Raleigh insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total RS7 insurance premium.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current RS7 insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh car insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Raleigh.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi RS7 insurance, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Audi RS7, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in North Carolina overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is GAP insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Raleigh who may provide you with price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 250-3606 – View Map
- Tom Patterson – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Spring Forest Rd #1400 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 954-1340 – View Map
- State Farm: Lisa Davis
8201 Rowlock Way Suite 112 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 782-3333 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quote information.
- AssuredPartners NL
4505 Falls of Neuse Rd Suite 350 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 781-0200 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 833-6111 – View Map
- Bagwell and Bagwell Insurance
2626 Glenwood Ave #300 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-6667 – View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and the cheapest Audi RS7 insurance in Raleigh quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can terminate your policy when you choose so don’t think you are locked into any specific company with no way out.