The easiest way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from companies who can sell car insurance in Raleigh. You can shop around by following these steps.
First, gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more details to get lower rates and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. View rates
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s shocking but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Raleigh consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
Best companies for Pontiac G8 insurance
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discount Raleigh auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Raleigh auto insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that have most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not apply in Raleigh. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agents is still important in Raleigh.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a local agent, you should know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Raleigh can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
- IGO Insurance Agency Inc.
8117 Ebenezer Church Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-1560 – View Map
- Durfey-Hoover-Bowden Insurance Agency
3741 Benson Dr – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 790-6415 – View Map
- Bagwell and Bagwell Insurance
2626 Glenwood Ave #300 – Raleigh, NC 27608 – (919) 832-6667 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh that are able to give rate quotes.
- Anthony Sykes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 Wake Forest Rd Ste 106 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 850-0560 – View Map
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
- Tom Patterson – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Spring Forest Rd #1400 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 954-1340 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Raleigh, get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Raleigh?
Be persistent and save
You just read many tips how you can find affordable Pontiac G8 insurance in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for State Employees in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)