Online rate comparisons for cheap Murano insurance can be challenging if you are one of the many people new to online rate comparisons. But don’t be discouraged because we’re going to show you how to find lower-cost Nissan Murano in Raleigh.
Steps to finding affordable Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Raleigh is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how your policy works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a negative credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Raleigh. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop for lower rates will probably switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $72 a month compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates before your policy renews because insurance rates change frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh at a better price.
When comparison shopping, comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Raleigh Murano insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Raleigh, NC. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow companies to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Murano can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a slight reduction on a Raleigh auto insurance quote.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies who may offer these benefits are:
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not apply in every state.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table displayed below highlights different coverage costs for Nissan Murano models. Knowing how policy premiums are figured is important for you to make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Murano S 2WD||$174||$322||$336||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|Murano S AWD||$174||$322||$336||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|Murano SL 2WD||$174||$322||$336||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|Murano SL AWD||$174||$322||$336||$20||$100||$952||$79|
|Murano LE 2WD||$196||$378||$336||$20||$100||$1,030||$86|
|Murano LE AWD||$196||$378||$336||$20||$100||$1,030||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Raleigh location which can increase or decrease premiums noticeably.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Murano insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Murano settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Save Money with These Tips
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Tickets can be expensive – Getting just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. People who have serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims influence Nissan Murano yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Do you have a stressful job? – Careers like military personnel, business owners, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than the rest of us because of job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Males tend to take more risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders are in accidents in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Murano annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Younger vs. older drivers – Teen drivers in North Carolina are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you may save money insuring your Nissan Murano by improving your credit score.
Nissan Murano claim probability – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Nissan Murano vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Murano Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Murano 4dr 2WD 79 105 Nissan Murano 4dr 4WD 102 66 98 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is emailed to companies in Raleigh who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Raleigh?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How long has their agency been open in Raleigh?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can you contact them at any time?
The difference between Raleigh car insurance agents
When looking for a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Lindsay Gianni – State Farm Insurance Agent
12333 Strickland Rd #106 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 329-2913 – View Map
- Gina Tickle – State Farm Insurance Agent
8212 Creedmoor Rd #101 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 847-9774 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 250-3606 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Green and Wooten Insurance
800 Salem Woods Dr – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-0021 – View Map
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 863-0150 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina Inc
101 Weston Oaks Ct – Cary, NC 27513 – (919) 828-4371 – View Map
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is my Nissan Murano covered if I use it for business?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Affordable Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Raleigh auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
How to save on Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh
Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for Nissan Murano insurance in Raleigh is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in North Carolina.
First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Murano coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Felons in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)