It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved on average $865 annually compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Raleigh is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurers in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Cheaper Raleigh car insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Multi-line Discount – Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Raleigh Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current Mirage G4 insurance policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Student – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best discounts in North Carolina, click here.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Seven factors that influence insurance costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Get better prices if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Prevent insurance lapses – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your liability limits – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If the Mitsubishi Mirage G4 earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- Guys tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males have auto accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
- Do you save by driving less? – The more miles you rack up on your Mitsubishi annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your Mirage G4 can result in significantly higher rates.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying insurance from Raleigh insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Raleigh should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Raleigh?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- What companies can they write with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Types of car insurance agents
If you want an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Raleigh are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Carter Glass Insurance Agency
5901 Falls of Neuse Rd – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 872-1778 – View Map
Why you need insurance
Even though Raleigh Mirage G4 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mitsubishi Mirage G4, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your Mitsubishi Mirage G4 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do the work, save more money
When searching for the cheapest Mitsubishi Mirage G4 rate quotes, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh can be found online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)