It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. North Carolina drivers could save about $94 each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
Where can I get low cost Raleigh Mercury Montego insurance?
All the larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide price estimates online. Comparing Mercury Montego insurance rates online doesn’t take much effort because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system pulls your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on the information you submitted. Quoting online for Mercury Montego insurance in Raleigh makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, check out the insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in North Carolina. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional in North Carolina
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Mercury Montego Insurance Prices?
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Performance impacts rates – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Occupation stress can make you pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals usually pay higher average rates because of job stress and long work days. On the flip side, jobs like professors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Mercury Montego scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. An incorrectly rated Montego can result in significantly higher rates.
High credit scores save money – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mercury Montego by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Urban residents pay more – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Consolidate policies with the same company – Many auto insurance companies will give a discount to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before they will apply.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application over the internet.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate insurers offering auto insurance discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What is glass protection for?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to talk to an insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Raleigh for you
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Raleigh who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Vincent Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 Alexander Promenade PI #105 – Raleigh, NC 27617 – (919) 957-9009 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How are claims handled?
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
As you quote Raleigh car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Raleigh can be found on the web and with local Raleigh insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)