Statistics show that the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in North Carolina could save $90 a year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they changed companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Raleigh.
- Take a little time to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for tips to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is really quite easy. Basically, anyone who requires lower cost car insurance will find a lower-cost policy. But North Carolina drivers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate their prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Six factors that affect insurance costs
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Fewer miles means better premiums – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven. An incorrectly rated SLS AMG may be costing you higher rates.
Where you reside plays a part – Having an address in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Only having one citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Low stress occupation equals lower premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like doctors, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to have higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Excellent credit saves on auto insurance – A driver’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG by improving your credit score. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit.
Where can I get the cheapest Raleigh Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance?
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in NC, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance in North Carolina serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mercedes-Benz gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can lower Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Raleigh may earn a discount on your policy.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Claim Discounts – Raleigh drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up online.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, good student, defensive driver, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has savings for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- Esurance includes discounts for paid-in-full, multi-policy, online quote, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
If you want cheaper Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Raleigh.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Raleigh?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who may provide you with price quotes.
- State Farm: Jerome Murray
8410 Louisburg Rd #100 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 266-9371 – View Map
- Cecil Burt – State Farm Insurance Agent
6837 Falls of Neuse Rd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-8006 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 846-3901 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Raleigh independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Young Insurance Associates, Inc
2609 Atlantic Ave #107 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 322-4186 – View Map
- Highsmith and Associates Insurance
3700 Glenwood Ave #430 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 878-9412 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michael E Okoli Agency Inc
309 W Millbrook Rd #151 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 786-1960 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is totaled?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in North Carolina?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Raleigh car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)