We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared rates annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your ultimate goal, then understanding the best way to shop and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Mazda Tribute insurance is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Best companies for low-cost Mazda Tribute insurance in North Carolina
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, NC, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table displayed next outlines a range of insurance rates for Mazda Tribute models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are figured is important for drivers to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$208||$476||$286||$16||$86||$1,072||$89|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$208||$476||$286||$16||$86||$1,072||$89|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$208||$476||$286||$16||$86||$1,072||$89|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$238||$476||$286||$16||$86||$1,102||$92|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$238||$476||$286||$16||$86||$1,102||$92|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$238||$560||$286||$16||$86||$1,186||$99|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$238||$560||$286||$16||$86||$1,186||$99|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$238||$560||$286||$16||$86||$1,186||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can revise premiums substantially.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda Tribute annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Mazda Tribute insurance in Raleigh
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home at college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Mazda Tribute car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, location of vehicle, professional/association, and low natural disaster claims.
- Nationwide has discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, easy pay, accident-free, business or organization, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, military active duty, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, and good driver.
If you want the cheapest Mazda Tribute rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. To choose companies that offer multiple discounts in Raleigh, click this link.
Components of Your Mazda Tribute Insurance Prices
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Do you have a demanding occupation? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like military personnel, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Your address can impact price – Living in areas with lower population can be a good thing when buying insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Bundle home and auto and save – Lots of insurers provide a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other Raleigh Tribute insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Alarm systems save money – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Insurance companies in North Carolina give lower rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Annual mileage impacts rates – Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated Tribute is throwing money out the window.
Good credit equals lower rates – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Mazda Tribute by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Terry E Nobles
557 Pylon Dr a – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 833-3803 – View Map
- Lee Winters Insurance Agency
1330 St Marys St Suite 250 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 828-7130 – View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
2010 New Bern Ave – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 255-6210 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent partially due to the brand rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Raleigh that can give you comparison quotes.
- Suzanne Wilson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8961 Harvest Oaks Dr #205 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-1413 – View Map
- Lindsay Gianni – State Farm Insurance Agent
12333 Strickland Rd #106 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 329-2913 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 329-2580 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
If you receive satisfactory answers to any questions you have and inexpensive Mazda Tribute insurance in Raleigh quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to provide car insurance coverage. But remember, you have the power to cancel coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into any specific company with no way to switch.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
When getting Raleigh car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Mazda Tribute insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices come from the smaller companies.
Lower-priced Mazda Tribute insurance in Raleigh can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)