The best way we recommend to save on Mazda 2 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurers that sell auto insurance in Raleigh. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for information to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance policyholders in North Carolina have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. U.S. insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Locating the best rates in Raleigh is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are insured now or just want a better rate, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers just have to understand the quickest method to compare rates from many different companies online.
These discounts can cut Mazda 2 insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Raleigh Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, accident-free
- Mercury Insurance discounts include accident-free, good student, annual mileage, anti-theft, good driver, ease of repair, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Raleigh. To locate companies who offer insurance discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get price estimates on their websites. Getting online quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in Raleigh is quite easy as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these factors. Quoting online for Mazda 2 insurance in Raleigh makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
To compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my Mazda 2 qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Do I need an agent?
Many people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Raleigh who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Raleigh?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Raleigh can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
If you receive acceptable answers as well as the cheapest Mazda 2 insurance in Raleigh quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. But remember, consumers can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don’t think you are locked into any specific company for the entire policy term.
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurance company is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Raleigh. The ranking information shown below may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Cover all your bases
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many ideas to find cheap Mazda 2 insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)