If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Raleigh is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that increase rates like traffic citations and poor credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for information to get better rates and earn larger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you put the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around once a year will probably switch auto insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $70 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in North Carolina. To find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Save with these price cutting discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Save with a New Car – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below compares Lincoln MKZ car insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online shopper, multi-car, good driver, paid-in-full, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for anti-lock brakes, company car, paperless, teen driver, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, daytime running lights, driver training, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply everywhere.
Rates and other information
The rate information shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Lincoln MKZ models. Having a better understanding of how premiums are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$340||$380||$22||$114||$1,004||$84|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$340||$380||$22||$114||$1,004||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Raleigh which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Lincoln MKZ insurance premiums for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders influence Lincoln MKZ premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Males versus Females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Lincoln MKZ full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the difference between Lincoln MKZ insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the North Carolina minimum liability coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKZ claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Improve your credit rating and save – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Lincoln MKZ by spending a little time repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Lincoln MKZ scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
Premiums may be higher where you live – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Some companies provide lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Influences performance influences auto insurance rates – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data uses these variables: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Lincoln MKZ car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
How much liability coverage – Liability coverage will provide protection when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Better prices with anti-theft devices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
Lincoln MKZ insurance loss data – Car insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD||137||85||107||95||89||75|
|Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD||140||82||126||99|
|Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr||148||84||100||74||82||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years