It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Lincoln MKC insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in North Carolina.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around for better prices will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $865 annually compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Lincoln MKC insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of how to compare auto insurance can make shopping around easier.
It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from those companies as well.
The following companies provide free quotes in Raleigh, NC. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Raleigh, click this link.
How do Insurers Determine Lincoln MKC Insurance Prices?
Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft.
- Credit rating impacts premium premiums – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln MKC by improving your rating. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Many insurance companies allow better rates to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Avoid tickets and save – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Only having one citation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Lincoln MKC insurance claim data – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKC Vehicles Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD 97 76 69 Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD 99 68 72 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a local Raleigh insurance agency
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Raleigh that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Raleigh should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Raleigh are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh who can help you get price quotes.
- Doug Wingate – State Farm Insurance Agent
2414 Wycliff Rd #110 – Raleigh, NC 27607 – (919) 787-0888 – View Map
- Vincent Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
7850 Alexander Promenade PI #105 – Raleigh, NC 27617 – (919) 957-9009 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 329-2580 – View Map
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agents in Raleigh that are able to give price quotes.
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 720-4724 – View Map
- Compare Insurance Agency LLC
6531 Creedmoor Rd # 206 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 863-0150 – View Map
- David White Insurance Agency
6512 Six Forks Rd #102c – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-9191 – View Map
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting your policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lincoln MKC is totaled?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You can lower your insurance rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost.
Affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Raleigh is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Raleigh agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)