Truthfully, the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Raleigh. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save up to 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
All the larger car insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Lexus GS F insurance in Raleigh can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost rates.
In order to find out what other companies charge, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study driving manner remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Raleigh without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Raleigh auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Raleigh, follow this link.
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Buying coverage from the right car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in North Carolina. The company information below can help you decide which companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The following are most of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Stay claim-free and lower prices – Auto insurance companies in North Carolina give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Responsible credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus GS F by improving your rating.
- Driver age impacts rates – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. An improperly rated GS F is throwing money out the window.
- Tickets cost more than a fine – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have received careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Not having insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Insurance premiums are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are usually for low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.