Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in Raleigh could save 10% every year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Lexus GS 200t insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers in Raleigh. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Finding quotes for the lowest-priced insurance in Raleigh is not as confusing as people think. But North Carolina vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
How Insurance Providers Determine Lexus GS 200t Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that go into determining insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – Companies in North Carolina generally give most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Always keep your insurance in place – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the North Carolina DMV.
High coverage deductibles lower premiums – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Having a spouse can lower prices – Being married may save some money compared to being single. It translates into being less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your GS 200t is throwing money out the window.
Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience have been known to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
Get cheaper Lexus GS 200t insurance in Raleigh with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new GS 200t can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on GS 200t insurance in Raleigh.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, homeowner, switch companies, good student, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- USAA may include discounts for defensive driver, military installation, annual mileage, safe driver, vehicle storage, and driver training.
When getting free Raleigh car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Raleigh. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Frequent quotes can save
Budget-friendly car insurance in Raleigh can be bought online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to compare Lexus GS 200t insurance rates in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Lexus GS 200t insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)