The best way to save on auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Raleigh. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that increase rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $865 annually compared to those who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Raleigh is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare car insurance can save time and money.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper car insurance and still have adequate protection. Comparing rates for the lowest-priced car insurance coverage in Raleigh is simple if you know the tricks. Smart buyers just have to learn the least time-consuming way to compare company rates online from multiple companies.
Getting a cheaper price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to take time to get quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Raleigh?
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Range Rover insurance in Raleigh.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates in Raleigh.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-car, ease of repair, good driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-policy, business or organization, family plan, and defensive driving.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, defensive driver, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Raleigh.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Costs?
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Accidents inflate prices – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. People who have careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Cheaper to insure women? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Cut rates and deter theft – Owning a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Liability coverage will protect you if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Pay less if you’re married – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Land Rover. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, or theft. The deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. People with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Land Rover Range Rover if you improve your credit rating.
Insurance loss data for a Land Rover Range Rover – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Raleigh.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Raleigh who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Raleigh for you
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Raleigh can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can handle insurance, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following are Raleigh independent insurance agents that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- ACF Insurance Services, Inc.
4634 Capital Blvd – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 878-7786 – View Map
- David White Insurance Agency
6512 Six Forks Rd #102c – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-9191 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Raleigh
2431 Spring Forest Rd #123 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 261-6164 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Raleigh who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Brandon Reece
9204 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 100 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 329-2580 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 846-3901 – View Map
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Raleigh should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Raleigh?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Lower rates by being persistent
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Raleigh auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
When searching for cheaper Raleigh auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Felons in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)