It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A study showed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Raleigh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in North Carolina.
First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Although North Carolina car owners must learn how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap prices in North Carolina
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Drive less and get lower rates – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Cherokee is just wasting money.
- Having a spouse can save on insurance – Being married actually saves money on your policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Occupation can influence premiums – Occupations like lawyers, social workers, and medical professionals generally pay the highest rates due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Having a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get multiple citations like reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your address can affect prices – Choosing to live in a small town has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Loss statistics for a Jeep Cherokee – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Check for these discounts on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Raleigh
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be asked for before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Data Collection Discounts – Raleigh drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Raleigh car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Raleigh car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, early bird, air bags, good student, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide may include discounts for anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, business or organization, and easy pay.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for driver training, teen driver, early bird, homeowners, 55 and older, defensive driver, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, pay in full, switch companies, teen driver, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Allstate has discounts for multi-policy, resident student, good student, 55 and retired, anti-theft, and premier discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Raleigh who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are searching for a local Raleigh insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Raleigh may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Raleigh that may be able to give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: E Bradford Parker Insurance Agency Inc
1425 Rock Quarry Rd #105a – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 833-6111 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh willing to provide rate quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Raleigh?
- How are claims handled?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Raleigh?
Quote more to save more
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Jeep Cherokee insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles: