It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved on average $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Raleigh is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
The most effective way to get low-cost Jaguar XJ insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Raleigh. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Jaguar could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Raleigh, click here to view.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find the best price.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Raleigh, NC. To buy the cheapest auto insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed below showcases estimates of prices for Jaguar XJ models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance policy rates are established can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$564||$240||$14||$72||$1,144||$95|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$622||$240||$14||$72||$1,222||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can change coverage rates substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Jaguar XJ insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women in Raleigh
The example below shows the comparison of Jaguar XJ auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Jaguar XJ liability-only versus full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a steadfast formula to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XJ book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
The Jaguar XJ Insurance Premium Equation
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Listed below are most of the major factors that factor into prices.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get severe tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise Jaguar XJ car insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car and home together may be cheaper – Lots of insurance companies will award better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
High coverage deductibles cost less – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
More miles equals more premium – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies charge rates based on how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your XJ can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage, because it can save money.
Age of drivers impacts prices – Inexperience drivers have been known to be easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car or truck you need to insure makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Jaguar XJ car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
Insurance losses for a Jaguar XJ – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD||254|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD||169||236|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD||210||88||149|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD||238||198|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below are Raleigh independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction as well as cheaper XJ insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are entitled to terminate your policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company with no way out.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Raleigh XJ insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Jaguar XJ but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in North Carolina is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Jaguar XJ insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)