A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t want to compare other rate quotes.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, read about policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides ideas to get lower rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how insurance works and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, North Carolina drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to sell online and use it to find better rates.
First Step: Get free Jaguar S-Type insurance quotes
It’s important to know that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online Raleigh S-Type insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Raleigh, NC. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Jaguar S-Type
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar S-Type in Raleigh, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Jaguar, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Jaguar S-Type. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Jaguar as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina is wasting up to $700 annually so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these eight discounts
Some insurers don’t list their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Resident Student – Children living away from Raleigh attending college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Travelers offers premium reductions for payment discounts, good student, early quote, new car, home ownership, and multi-car.
- 21st Century offers discounts including homeowners, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, anti-theft, good student, good driver, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
When getting free Raleigh car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To view providers who offer discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Are insurance agents of importance?
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Raleigh who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
What types of car insurance agents are in Raleigh?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tom Patterson – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Spring Forest Rd #1400 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 954-1340 – View Map
- David Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
9380 Falls of Neuse Rd #105 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 846-1819 – View Map
- Lindsay Gianni – State Farm Insurance Agent
12333 Strickland Rd #106 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 329-2913 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are Raleigh independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Terry E Nobles
557 Pylon Dr a – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 833-3803 – View Map
- Blackmon Insurance
3416 Poole Rd # 110 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-8131 – View Map
- Matt Roberts Agency, Inc.
1151 Falls River Avenue, Suite 105-A – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 845-2999 – View Map
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Jaguar S-Type.
Due to the fact that many North Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, medical expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. North Carolina requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, hail damage, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your S-Type to bring the cost down.
Raleigh car insurance company ratings
Picking a highly-rated car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in North Carolina. The information shown below can help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Smart consumers save more
You just learned many tips how you can shop for Jaguar S-Type insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Raleigh car insurance quotes online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Affordable Jaguar S-Type insurance in Raleigh is available on the web in addition to many Raleigh insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for State Employees in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)