How long have you put off shopping around for lower-priced Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh? Having to pay for overpriced Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh can dry up your monthly budget and force you to prioritize other expenses.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your goal, learning how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
How to find affordable quotes for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh
It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who sell insurance in North Carolina.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Find a Raleigh insurance agent
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to find the lowest rate on Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh.
Many insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get prices from their websites. Comparing prices online for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the quote system automatically retrieves credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote. Quoting online for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
In order to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. To find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Raleigh, insuring your vehicle is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your IS 250 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in North Carolina is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The rate information below covers detailed analysis of coverage costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Learning a little about how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can help you make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$514||$216||$12||$64||$1,040||$87|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$262||$514||$216||$12||$64||$1,068||$89|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$514||$254||$16||$76||$1,122||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower premium rates significantly.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Raleigh
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on IS 250 insurance in Raleigh.
- Raleigh Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below shows the difference between Lexus IS 250 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
Check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Raleigh. To see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Raleigh, click here.