If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in the United States could save roughly $850 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheap auto insurance rates.
Raleigh insurance discounts for a Kia K900
Some insurers do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, student away at school, good student, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, homeowners, air bags, theft prevention, 55 and older, early bird, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, and good driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage direct online. The process doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter the amount of coverage you want on the page. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these factors.
Quoting online for Kia K900 insurance in Raleigh makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best rate possible.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will be getting comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in North Carolina. To get cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Comparing rates from local Raleigh insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How are they compensated?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Raleigh car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Raleigh are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Raleigh exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Myron Jarman – State Farm Insurance Agent
2869 Jones Franklin Rd – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 859-5261 – View Map
- Karen Boone – State Farm Insurance Agent
5603 Creedmoor Rd – Raleigh, NC 27612 – (919) 782-6666 – View Map
- State Farm: Jerome Murray
8410 Louisburg Rd #100 – Raleigh, NC 27616 – (919) 266-9371 – View Map
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide rate quotes.
- Clark Insurance Agency
4004 Barrett Dr #206 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 844-2995 – View Map
- David White Insurance Agency
6512 Six Forks Rd #102c – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 870-9191 – View Map
- Durfey-Hoover-Bowden Insurance Agency
3741 Benson Dr – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 790-6415 – View Map
If you receive positive feedback and a good coverage price, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
More effort can pay off
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Kia K900 insurance prices in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Kia K900 insurance is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, policy cancellation or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina can be read at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Focus in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)