If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Raleigh.
- Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover the details to get lower rates and earn larger discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Raleigh. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of auto insurance customers in North Carolina have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. American consumers could save 47% every year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Male costs may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
When should you file policy claims? – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in North Carolina give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Single drivers take more risk – Being married may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Limits of liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Your address can affect prices – Living in a rural area is a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Teen drivers pay high costs – Young drivers in North Carolina are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
Quote often and quote early
As you quote Raleigh car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Raleigh. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Raleigh car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Raleigh car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina can be read at the links below
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)