If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Raleigh.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to get better rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Raleigh. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare other prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding lower rate quotes. A recent insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time and money.
Shop Buick Lucerne insurance online
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in North Carolina. One of the best ways to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to all the different Raleigh insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the advice and guidance of a local agency. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Raleigh Lucerne insurance quotes online, so you also need to get price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. To find cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Data for Buick Lucerne insurance
The rate table shown next highlights a range of policy rates for Buick Lucerne models. Learning more about how rates are formulated is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$152||$348||$262||$16||$78||$856||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect auto insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data is based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Buick Lucerne replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Buick with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Buick but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Buick Lucerne Insurance
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
Your career may increase rates – Occupational choices like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
Buy as much liability protection as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
How do annual miles impact premiums? – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Lucerne is just wasting money. Double check that your insurance policy is showing annual mileage.
Higher premiums for insurance lapses – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurance companies will give lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Male premiums may be higher – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males cause fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The information below shows the comparison of Buick Lucerne annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Buick Lucerne insurance rates in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Raleigh auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Felons in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)