Finding budget-priced Raleigh Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes is problematic for vehicle owners new to comparison shopping over the internet. With dozens of companies competing online, how can anyone have time to compare them all to find cheaper auto insurance rates?
How to find better rates for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Raleigh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Raleigh. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like careless driving and poor credit can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch companies because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved about $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to choose a company and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates every six months because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Raleigh a year ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. You’ll find a ton of advice on e-Golf insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Companies offering competitive Volkswagen e-Golf rate quotes in Raleigh, NC
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Raleigh, NC. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive a small discount on rates.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current e-Golf insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, mature driver, alternative fuel, good student, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and distant student.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-theft, paid-in-full, multi-policy, renters, homeowner, emergency road assistance, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, good driver, multiple policy, passive restraint, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, defensive driver, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including economy car, new car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, and premier plus.
Check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Raleigh.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Policies have optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Volkswagen e-Golf scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Experienced drivers pay less – Beginning drivers in North Carolina are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Raleigh who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Raleigh should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in Raleigh willing to provide rate quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Raleigh.
- Carolina Insurance Professionals
5540 Centerview Dr – Raleigh, NC 27606 – (919) 285-4732 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bonnita Hargis
1620 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #104 – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 250-3606 – View Map
- Young Insurance Associates, Inc
2609 Atlantic Ave #107 – Raleigh, NC 27604 – (919) 322-4186 – View Map
- Snipes Insurance Services Inc
617 Oberlin Rd – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 571-4335 – View Map
Raleigh car insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in North Carolina. The company rank data in the lists below can help you pick which coverage providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When searching for affordable Volkswagen e-Golf insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
We just presented many tips how you can save on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
How to find low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Raleigh
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Raleigh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in North Carolina. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)