Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who compare price quotes will presumably buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Land Rover FreeLander insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance can save time and money.
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina.
- First, try to understand individual coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more details to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
How Insurance Companies Determine Land Rover FreeLander Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Premiums drop with age – Teen drivers in North Carolina are proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto your car insurance can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
How credit score affects car insurance prices – Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Land Rover FreeLander by improving your credit score.
Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Do you need those incidental coverages? – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Get cheap Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Raleigh with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Land Rover can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Some of the larger companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurance companies with significant discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Raleigh. The ranking information displayed below could help you select which coverage providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Be persistent to save money
As you quote Raleigh auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, poor customer service and policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Land Rover FreeLander insurance premium rates in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Land Rover FreeLander insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)