It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. North Carolina drivers could save $100 every year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they bought a different policy.
The preferred way to find the cheapest price for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Raleigh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more ideas to get lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Comparing rates for more affordable auto insurance in Raleigh is not as time-consuming as you think. Basically, anyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance stands a good chance to get better rates. But North Carolina car owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Raleigh
Some insurers do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Raleigh. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Raleigh, click here.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you are single or married, if you require a SR-22, and your credit rating estimate. Your information gets transmitted to all major companies and they return rate quotes very quickly.
To check rates for your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Raleigh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Raleigh that provide free Raleigh car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a local Raleigh insurance agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Raleigh who may be able to give you price quote information.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
John Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 – Raleigh, NC 27615 – (919) 848-0644 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Raleigh?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Raleigh. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)