To save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Raleigh is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and bad credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on insurance in Raleigh is the reason for your visit, then having an understanding of how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Best companies for low-cost Hyundai Equus insurance in North Carolina
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in North Carolina. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in NC, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Raleigh and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Equus can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Raleigh auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good student, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-theft, air bags, seat belt use, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safe driver, multi-car, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for teen driver discount, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, multi-car, and newly retired.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Raleigh auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Raleigh?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Raleigh for you
If you are searching for local Raleigh agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Raleigh can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Raleigh that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Raleigh willing to provide price quotes.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare Hyundai Equus insurance car insurance rates in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Raleigh auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper auto insurance in Raleigh is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Raleigh, North Carolina? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)