Finding the lowest cost Raleigh GMC Sierra insurance quotes on the web might appear challenging for people who are new to comparing prices online. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how can Raleigh drivers even start to compare all the different companies and get the best pricing?
How to save on GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost prices for GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Raleigh. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of North Carolina drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American insurance shoppers can save roughly 47% each year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using these tips. We hope to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate and how you can save the most money. Although North Carolina consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
How much is GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh, North Carolina?
All major car insurance companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates for GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh is fairly straightforward because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When complete, the company's rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
Getting online rate quotes for GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this if you want to get the cheapest price possible.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you input the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you're receiving a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Raleigh insurance discounts for a GMC Sierra
Companies do not list all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Resident Student - Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Telematics Discount - Raleigh drivers who agree to allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The example below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, safe vehicle, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good student, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, air bags, 55 and older, defensive driver, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Raleigh.
Analysis of GMC Sierra rates
The premium table displayed next highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for GMC Sierra models. Being more informed about how prices are determined can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$102||$200||$262||$16||$78||$658||$55|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$102||$200||$262||$16||$78||$658||$55|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$102||$200||$262||$16||$78||$658||$55|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$116||$236||$262||$16||$78||$708||$59|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$128||$272||$262||$16||$78||$756||$63|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$128||$272||$262||$16||$78||$756||$63|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$128||$272||$262||$16||$78||$756||$63|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes significantly.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Raleigh that give free quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
What type of Raleigh auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Raleigh exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- John Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 848-0644 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lauri W. Fair
9101 Leesville Rd Ste 111 - Raleigh, NC 27613 - (919) 846-3901 - View Map
- Danny Newton - State Farm Insurance Agent
6021 Poyner Village Pkwy #109 - Raleigh, NC 27616 - (919) 875-1955 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Raleigh independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- HealthMarkets Insurance Agency
3700 National Dr #100 - Raleigh, NC 27612 - (919) 720-4724 - View Map
- Marcus L Davis Agency
3901 Barrett Dr Suite 312 - Raleigh, NC 27609 - (919) 772-7698 - View Map
- Green and Wooten Insurance
800 Salem Woods Dr - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 870-0021 - View Map
When to get professional advice
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my GMC Sierra?
- Should I rate my GMC Sierra as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my GMC Sierra need full coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Sierra insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GMC Sierra has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your GMC and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in North Carolina is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are inline.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as nursing services, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your Sierra from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Sierra to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive coverage - This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, hail damage and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - This gives you protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your GMC Sierra.
Since many North Carolina drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (North Carolina limits are 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance - Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other's property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people's claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as structural damage, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. North Carolina state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
You can lower your car insurance rates
When searching for the cheapest GMC Sierra rate quotes, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for GMC Sierra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to finding lower priced GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find more affordable GMC Sierra insurance in Raleigh is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in North Carolina. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Don't forget to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you're comparing identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Retired Military in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Raleigh Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)