The best way to save on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Raleigh.
First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical coverages on each quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want you to compare rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved over $865 annually compared to those who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Raleigh is the reason you're reading this, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
How to find the cheapest Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Raleigh, North Carolina
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Raleigh, NC, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Raleigh
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Good Driver Discounts - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Raleigh car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and good student.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, loyalty savings, defensive driver, family discount, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Esurance has savings for multi-car, defensive driver, online shopper, good driver, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, good student, alternative fuel, early shopping, pay in full, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Raleigh. To see companies who offer online Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes in North Carolina, click this link.
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Raleigh, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Shelby GT350 has a lienholder, almost every bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in North Carolina overpays as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
North Carolina car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Raleigh. The company rank data below may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I buy only the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Raleigh insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Raleigh.
After filling out this quick form, your information is sent to participating agents in Raleigh who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you want a local Raleigh insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Raleigh can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Raleigh that can give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Raleigh that are able to give price quotes.
John Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
7320 Six Forks Rd #200 - Raleigh, NC 27615 - (919) 848-0644 - View Map
Selecting a insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Which family members are covered?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?