It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get price quotes annually are inclined to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who regularly compared rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Acura MDX insurance is your intention, then knowing the best way to compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The most effective way to save on Acura MDX insurance in Raleigh is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in North Carolina.
First, read about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately place your new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Reducing your insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium information below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Acura MDX models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can help drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$170||$302||$262||$16||$78||$828||$69|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$170||$302||$262||$16||$78||$828||$69|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$170||$302||$262||$16||$78||$828||$69|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$170||$302||$262||$16||$78||$828||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific location which can modify premiums significantly.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Acura MDX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura MDX yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Acura MDX replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Insuring your Acura MDX just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Raleigh, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Acura MDX, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your Acura MDX. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your Acura gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How You Can Control Acura MDX Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
With age comes lower costs – Beginning drivers in North Carolina have a tendency to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums. If the Acura MDX earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- High comp and collision deductibles lower prices – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Traffic violations will cost you – Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than bad drivers. Getting just one citation may cause rates to rise substantially. People who have flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Acura MDX insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Lots of insurers allow better rates to buyers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher your rate. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MDX may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet states the correct usage, because it can save money.
Claims statistics for an Acura MDX – Insurers use claims history in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura MDX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura MDX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates on Acura MDX insurance in Raleigh with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current MDX insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Raleigh auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your overall bill.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Acura MDX insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you want the cheapest Acura MDX rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some credits might not apply in Raleigh. To choose companies who offer free Acura MDX insurance quotes in North Carolina, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is still important in Raleigh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Raleigh who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Raleigh for you
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following are independent agents in Raleigh that can give you comparison quotes.
- Marcus L Davis Agency
3901 Barrett Dr Suite 312 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 772-7698 – View Map
- Carolina Capital Insurance Group
1100 Logger Ct., Bldg. D-101 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 747-9002 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina Inc
101 Weston Oaks Ct – Cary, NC 27513 – (919) 828-4371 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Raleigh that are able to give price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5011 Falls of Neuse Rd A – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 862-1300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Adkins
1033 Oberlin Rd Ste 200 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 755-1133 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Walters
5620 Six Forks Rd Ste 103 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 848-8105 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long has their agency been in business in Raleigh?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
After getting positive feedback and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to provide auto insurance coverage.
Ratings for Raleigh car insurance companies
Finding the best car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in North Carolina. The rank data in the next section could help you decide which car insurance providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheaper coverage is out there
We covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Acura MDX insurance in Raleigh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Cheaper car insurance in Raleigh is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Raleigh agents, so you need to shop Raleigh auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Graduates in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Students in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tundra in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)