It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in North Carolina.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Raleigh can save about $94 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and how you can save the most money. But North Carolina consumers must comprehend the way companies determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
Don’t overlook these Tesla Model S insurance discounts
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Raleigh Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driver course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Model S can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive reduced rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Model S insurance in Raleigh.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Tesla may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should definitely cut your auto insurance premiums.
Companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, homeowner, switch companies, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, air bags, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, good driver, and early bird.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, family plan, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Raleigh.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Raleigh, NC. If you want cheap auto insurance in Raleigh, NC, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Raleigh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Raleigh who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Raleigh?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Which car insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Ending up with a highly-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in North Carolina. The rank data in the next section could help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Raleigh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
A few companies do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Tesla Model S insurance in Raleigh is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
You just read some good ideas how to save on Tesla Model S insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Raleigh Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)