If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance in Raleigh is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in North Carolina.
- First, take a little time to learn about coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Inconceivable but true, almost 70% of drivers in North Carolina have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save an average of almost 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. Buying affordable car insurance in Raleigh is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although North Carolina car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies market on the web and use it to your advantage.
Lower-cost Mazda CX-5 insurance quotes in Raleigh
Some insurers don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Raleigh car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Raleigh can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-car, newly married, teen driver discount, safety features, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, teen driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for air bags, safe vehicle, paid in full, mature driver, and student away at school.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, safe driver, homeowner, drive less, and teen safe driver.
If you want inexpensive Raleigh car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in North Carolina, follow this link.
Compare free Raleigh Mazda CX-5 insurance price quotes
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find more affordable rates.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in North Carolina. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Mazda CX-5 Insurance Premiums?
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for small economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Liability insurance risk factors – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Beginning drivers in North Carolina are proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Women tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- High credit rating translates to low costs – Your credit rating is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda CX-5 by repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in North Carolina give lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Mazda CX-5 claim probability – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Mazda CX-5 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in North Carolina?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Mazda CX-5 is worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How are they compensated?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Shown below is a short list of car insurance companies in Raleigh who can help you get rate quotes for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Raleigh.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mazda vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required in North Carolina but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your CX-5 greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in North Carolina is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Quote more to save more
You just read a lot of tips how to find cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Raleigh. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance in Raleigh is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Raleigh car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for College Graduates in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Raleigh Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Raleigh Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)