Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost prices for Acura TLX insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in Raleigh.
- Try to learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for instructions to get better rates and earn larger discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Cheapest companies for Acura TLX insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in North Carolina. If you want cheaper auto insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Acura TLX insurance in Raleigh
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the discounts shown above are:
When getting free Raleigh auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some credits might not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Raleigh, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Will my Acura TLX be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood Raleigh auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Raleigh.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Raleigh that can give you free Raleigh auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Raleigh are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know why they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below are Raleigh independent insurance agencies that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Protective Agency
2026 New Bern Ave – Raleigh, NC 27610 – (919) 231-2281 – View Map
- Carolina Capital Insurance Group
1100 Logger Ct., Bldg. D-101 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 747-9002 – View Map
- Matt Roberts Agency, Inc.
1151 Falls River Avenue, Suite 105-A – Raleigh, NC 27614 – (919) 845-2999 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Raleigh that can give you comparison quotes.
- Spurling Cook – State Farm Insurance Agent
7501 Creedmoor Rd #114 – Raleigh, NC 27613 – (919) 676-2502 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Adkins
1033 Oberlin Rd Ste 200 – Raleigh, NC 27605 – (919) 755-1133 – View Map
- Tom Patterson – State Farm Insurance Agent
805 Spring Forest Rd #1400 – Raleigh, NC 27609 – (919) 954-1340 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Raleigh should know the answers to these questions.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How long has the business existed?
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
More affordable car insurance in Raleigh is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Students in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Raleigh? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)